A fire in a domestic appliance shop in the Alicante town of Benidorm has forced the evacuation of a building due to the intense smoke caused by the flames. Several of the neighbours had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The Provincial Consortium of Firefighters of Alicante has received the notice about 07.30 hours, which warned of a fire in an appliance shop located in the street Almendros.
To the scene have mobilized a unit of command and headquarters, a ladder, a heavy urban pump, a sergeant, a corporal and six firefighters from the park of Benidorm, as reported by the provincial body.
Due to the intense smoke, firefighters had to evacuate the residents of the affected building. Several of them have been treated for smoke inhalation. After extinguishing the fire, firefighters proceeded to ventilate the shop.