Emergency services were unable to save the life of a woman who died early on Thursday in a house fire in the “Playasol” residential area of Puerto de Mazarrón in Murcia. Another man was treated for smoke inhalation poisoning, according to sources from the Regional Emergency Service in a statement.
The ‘1-1-2’ received, at 5.20 hours, several calls from neighbours reporting a fire in a duplex house in Beleños street in the town. Patrols of the Local Police, Guardia Civil, firefighters from the Consortium of Fire and Rescue of the Region of Murcia (CEIS) and a Mobile Emergency Unit with medical personnel from the Emergency and Health Emergency Management 061 were mobilized to the scene.
On arrival, the person inside the house, a 41 year old woman, had died. On the other hand, a 43-year-old man had to be treated for smoke inhalation, although he did not need to be taken to a medical centre. Firefighters extinguished the fire, which affected the entire ground floor of the house.