Four affected by smoke inhalation in a house fire in Cartagena

Archive image

At least four people have been affected in the early hours of Monday morning by smoke inhalation after a fire in a house in the Murcian city of Cartagena, as reported by 112 Region of Murcia.

The affected are four people of 72, 63, 52 and 51 years of age, of which two have been mildly poisoned by smoke inhalation and have been treated ‘in situ’, while two others have been moderately poisoned and have been transferred to the Hospital Santa Lucia de Cartagena.

The incident occurred at around 4.30 am, when several calls alerted the Emergency Coordination Centre of the region that alerted the fire and that flames were coming out of the balcony of a house. Moments later, firefighters from the Fire and Rescue Service of the Cartagena City Council extinguished the fire.

In the care of the neighbours and those affected by the fire – which took place in a four-storey building on Calle San Cristobal Larga – the Cartagena Local Police, the National Police, as well as ambulances from the Emergency and Health Emergency Management 061, as reported by 112 Region of Murcia.

Resize text-+=

By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. /Si continúas usando este sitio, aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best possible browsing experience. By continuing to use this website without changing your cookie settings or by clicking "Accept", you consent to this. Los ajustes de cookies en esta web están configurados para «permitir las cookies» y ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de navegación posible. Si sigues usando esta web sin cambiar tus ajustes de cookies o haces clic en «Aceptar», estarás dando tu consentimiento a esto.