The Bank of Books of Tíjola continues its solidarity work. In the framework of the tireless task that this non-profit association has carried out for a little more than seven years, This Saturday the third edition of a solidarity meal was held that brought together a hundred people, friends, collaborators and those in one way or another contribute to helping those who need it most.
The Bank of Books of Tíjola, whose predecessor has been Eugenio García and today it has a board of directors and hundreds of volunteers, only so far this year has it promoted the creation of two libraries, the nursery at the Maternal and Child Hospital of the Torrecárdenas hospital, Hundreds of kilos of homemade soap have been made through the Tíjola Bolilleras Association, about 6000 euros have been invested in footwear, clothes and books to send to Honduras, money that has had an impact on local commerce. Hundreds of books have also been bought at low cost, which have involved an investment of more than 4,000 euros, also to the benefit of local businesses. An urgent aid campaign has been carried out for the victims of Morocco and Syria, in which about 3000 euros have been obtained and finally, We have sent 2 containers with thousands of kilos of aid of many kinds to Honduras; books, clothes, medical supplies, educational furniture. As an immediate challenge, on December 2, container number 16, the third of this year, will depart for Honduras from Tíjola, thousands of products that make life a little easier for children in this Central American country.
The projects in which the association is currently involved are basically:
– Creation of the third community library in the community of Santa Cruz, El Paraíso (Honduras)
– Creation of the San Pedro Apóstol Center, which is located in El Retiro, a community belonging to the municipality of Texiguat, in the department of El Paraíso (Honduras)
– Improvement and expansion of existing libraries.
– Greenhouse and irrigation system in Marcarla.
– Creation of two Volunteer scholarships in Honduras in 2024, and annual.
– Publication of the Book of Ana Egea.
– Piano concert by a local musician: Antonio Garrido Martínez this Christmas at the Casa de Cultura, in Tíjola.
In this third solidarity meal, from the association, they wanted to recognize associations, institutions and people who have helped the Bank of Books of Tíjola with their work and create a better world.
The winners this year were: Club Motero «Moradores de Tíjola», Senator Miguel Ángel Castellón, Colegio Público Sagrado Corazón, Radio la Comarca, Tuna de Tíjola, Lumai Publicidad and the collaborator and member of the María del Mar Fernández Pérez association.
At the event, a contribution of 300 euros was also made to the Friends of the Sahara Association.