The Provincial Council starts work in María on the plan to bring renewable energies to 58 municipalities.

The Provincial Council of Almeria has started in Maria the works and installations of the DUS 5000 Plan that will bring renewable energies to public buildings in 58 municipalities in the province. The President of the Provincial Council, Javier A. García, has travelled to this enclave in the region of Los Vélez to check the material and installation that is going to be carried out in two of the municipal buildings together with the mayor -and vice-president-, José Antonio García, as well as the technical team responsible for the project, deputies and councillors.

The DUS5000 Plan ‘Installations of renewable electricity generation for self-consumption’ is an aid programme for investments in unique local clean energy projects in municipalities with demographic challenges, less than five thousand inhabitants, within the framework of the Spanish Government’s Regeneration and Demographic Challenge Programme.

In the province of Almeria, a global investment of 6.6 million euros will be promoted, with a budget of 4,170,000 euros this year. In total, more than 350 solar photovoltaic installations will be carried out in 58 municipalities in the province to produce clean energy for self-consumption.

Taking into account the total planned expenditure, the amount to be financed by the IDAE with EU funds amounts to 57% and the remaining 43% will be financed by the Provincial Council of Almeria.

The president of the Provincial Council explained that with these actions completed, the production capacity will generate 4 million KWH/year of photovoltaic energy, which will prevent the emission of 991 tonnes of CO2 per year.

“We are in María checking the investments that the Diputación is executing with European Funds that will reach 58 municipalities with the aim of lowering the carbon footprint, reducing energy consumption and that with all the facilities the carbon footprint would be as if we had planted 46,000 trees. The Diputación de Almería believes in a more liveable and sustainable future for its municipalities”,

For his part, José Antonio García has detailed the importance of this line of aid. “On behalf of the people of María, I would like to thank the Diputación for making this grant available to all the small municipalities, especially mine. Thanks to this grant we will be able to install solar panels on municipal buildings with the consequent energy savings and the resulting environmental seal”.

Resize text-+=

By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. /Si continúas usando este sitio, aceptas el uso de cookies. Más información

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best possible browsing experience. By continuing to use this website without changing your cookie settings or by clicking "Accept", you consent to this. Los ajustes de cookies en esta web están configurados para «permitir las cookies» y ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de navegación posible. Si sigues usando esta web sin cambiar tus ajustes de cookies o haces clic en «Aceptar», estarás dando tu consentimiento a esto.

/Close/Cerrar